I don't exactly celebrate Thanksgiving Day (yeah, no turkey and pumpkin pie for me), but that doesn't mean I can't express my thanks to everything that has made my life wonderful today. One of these things is Detexify. Detexify gives you a box to draw a complicated symbol, like the one for the set of natural numbers, or those fancy schmancy letters that are used for powersets. Then you wait for a few seconds, and Detexify returns the LaTeX code you use to make that symbol! IT'S MAGIC!
Detexify saved me...uh, a few minutes when I needed to figure out how to write those darned ⟦double square brackets⟧ for indicating extensions in semantics. (Hey, those minutes add up, y'know! Anyone with a limited cellphone plan should know that.)
Today: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I give thanks to Guido van Rossum (1956-) for authoring my favourite programming language -- Python -- and for giving it such an awesome name.
No comments:
Post a Comment